To date the Government has released two key Brexit related documents:
Ireland and the negotiations on the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union: The Government’s Approach.
- This position paper set out the Government’s approach at the beginning of Phase One Brexit negotiations.
- It explains the various factors and issues that at play during the negotiations, the three main issues initially identified for negotiation, and outlines Ireland’s position in detail.
- It provides a comprehensive overview of the steps the Government and its agencies have taken to support business and the economy, and of the All-Island Civic Dialogue’s sectoral concerns. (Published 2 May 2017)
Brexit: Ireland’s Priorities
- The document outlined the Irish Government’s main priorities and concerns ahead of the Brexit negotiations, and was produced in advance of the triggering of Article 50.
- The booklet provides an overview of the challenges Ireland is facing as a result of Brexit, extending right across the policy spectrum.
- Four headline challenges were identified and prioritised by the Government as major political issues, and this document provides greater detail as to why these four areas are top of Ireland’s Brexit agenda. (Published 15 March 2017)
Fri, 09 Feb 2018 14:45:41 GMT